Novo Nordisk has just joined DenmarkBridge. Together with the other members A.P. Møller-Maersk, Danske Bank, Confederation of Danish Industry, LEGO, Bech Bruun and The Danish Growth Fund, Novo Nordisk will work on building stronger connections to technology and innovation in Silicon Valley.
DenmarkBridge is a membership-driven initiative, consisting of Danish corporations with a shared interest in bridging the gap between Danish companies and Silicon Valley. Novo Nordisk is now part of the network and Carl M. Bilbo, Vice President at Novo Nordisk, has joined the Board of DenmarkBridge.
”We are happy to be a part of DenmarkBridge and look forward to cooperating with the other members to create stronger connections to the current developments in Silicon Valley. We value innovation very highly in our company. The DenmarkBridge network and its’ connections can contribute to expanding our work on these important agendas,” says Carl M. Bilbo.
The Danish Minister for Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, Brian Mikkelsen, is delighted to have Novo Nordisk on board both as a member and as a part of the Board of Directors:
”New technology and innovation are essential drivers for the Danish business community and Silicon Valley is leading the way globally. By establishing strong connections to Silicon Valley, we enable ourselves to be more ambitious here in Denmark. It is very positive that Novo Nordisk has now entered DenmarkBridge both as a member and at the Board of Directors,” says Brian Mikkelsen.
DenmarkBridge aims at bridging the gap between Danish companies and Silicon Valley. With a strong network in Silicon Valley the association gives the Danish members access to knowledge and potential partners in Silicon Valley. DenmarkBridge organizes meetings and briefings with key figures from Silicon Valley.
- DenmarkBridge was founded by private businesses in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and Ministry of Higher Education and Science of Denmark.
- His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik is patron of DenmarkBridge.
- The founding members appoint the Board of Directors. The Board consists of:
- Christian Motzfeldt, Director in The Danish Growth Fund, Chairman DenmarkBridge
- Ole Andersen, Chairman, Danske Bank
- Jacob Aqraou, Investor and former Sr. Vice President, eBay
- Scott Bonham, Investor and Founder of C100
- Thomas Bustrup, Director, Confederation of Danish Industry
- Lars Dalgaard, Entrepreneur and Founder of SuccessFactors
- Carl Erik Kjærsgaard, Founder and CEO, Blackwood Seven
- Carl Bilbo, Vice President, Novo Nordisk
- The Danish Growth Fund is the Secretariat of DenmarkBridge. DenmarkBridge complements the activities at the Innovation Centre Denmark in Silicon Valley. The network has an a Director stationed in Silicon Valley.